Orthodontic Fact #2 A brace is one type of dental appliance that an orthodontist can use depending on the patient’s needs. Other appliances may be suggested to treat a specific jaw or mouth deformity.
Most people assume orthodontists only deal with braces to help correct teeth that are crooked or crowded. Every individual aspires to have and achieve a healthy smile which is not only attractive but also beautiful. This has led to people making appointments to orthodontist with the aim of correcting what might be the problem. It is important to note that not every person will require these appliances to help rectify the issue. Many patients come to learn about dental appliances when they are receiving an orthodontic treatment.
Numerous dental instruments can be used to correct the mouth or jaw issue present to the patient. Braces include a variety of appliances that can be used to straighten a patient’s teeth or assist with a misaligned bite. Majorly made of metal, the braces are bonded to a patient’s teeth with the help of wires that area connected to the metal brackets. In some instances, Invisalign might be used as an alternative for patients who require minor teeth straightening. Other dental appliances that can be utilized apart from Invisalign include;
- Palatal Expander: This device is commonly used to separate the bone located in the upper part of a patient’s mouth. The bone is separated to help create more space in the upper jaw.
- Spacers: These are little plastic rings that are commonly placed at the back of a patient’s teeth. The sole purpose of using these plastic rings is to create more room between the teeth.
- Quad Helix:This is a device used to help in widening the patient’s jaw for those who have a problem with crowded teeth. The device is commonly placed on a patient’s back teeth using bands.
You should not allow your mouth or jaw problem affect your life. Visit our Orthodontist today and let us check you and resolve the issue. Receiving an orthodontics treatment should not be an issue for you with us around.
Call Our Orthodontist Today to Schedule Your First Appointment
At Childers Orthodontics in Benton, Ill., Dr. Kyle R. Childers offers expert care for children, teenagers and adults. Our orthodontist provides these treatments to repair misaligned teeth:
• Damon System – passive self-ligating devices
• Braces – traditional wires and brackets or color-matching ceramic brackets
• Aligners – designed by Invisalign
• Retainers – designed for keeping teeth in correct positions
• SureSmile – customized arch wires
• Propel – alveolar perforations for faster bone formation
Call us to schedule your first orthodontic evaluation.
201 West Washington
Benton, IL 62812
Phone: (618) 438-2815