- 0.1 Is It Still Worth It to Have Braces as an Adult?
- 0.2 Your Orthodontic Options
- 0.3 Can I Still Fix My Teeth with Braces If I Am an Adult?
- 0.4 Are Braces for Adults Still a Good Option?
- 0.5 Length of Treatment
- 0.6 Maintaining Results for a Lifetime
- 0.7 Scheduling a Braces for Adults Appointment
- 1 A FREE Consultation Awaits
- 2 Conclusion
When you think of braces, you probably picture a kid or teen wearing metal appliances and going to school. It’s often thought that after you’re out of your teens, the thought of getting braces is absurd and shouldn’t be considered.
Thankfully, there is a growing trend of individuals who are choosing to get braces well into their adult years. If you’ve ever wondered, “Is it still worth it to have braces as an adult?”, you’ll want to consider all of the benefits that will come from working with an orthodontist and having this work done. Braces for adults are here to stay.
Is It Still Worth It to Have Braces as an Adult?
- It is definitely worth it for you to have braces as an adult because they can easily straighten your teeth, improve your smile and increase your confidence. If you’re not feeling great about the way that your teeth look, you can whiten them and have them repaired, but the only way to have a gorgeous and perfectly straight smile is by working with a local orthodontist.
- There is absolutely no shame in going to an orthodontist as an adult and having work done. In fact, it might be more beneficial to you as an adult because you’re more willing to maintain your results than when you were a teen. Many teens who have undergone orthodontic work haven’t maintained their results and are now in need of braces again.
Your Orthodontic Options
- As an adult, you don’t necessarily want to wear metal braces because of how obvious they are. This is why a lot of adults are going with an option known as Invisalign or invisible braces. These braces have clear plastic trays that are fitted to your teeth each month and then modeled to help straighten your teeth.
- The invisible nature of these trays makes them virtually undetectable to the naked eye, so they are ideal braces for adults who are going to work and want to live a normal life without feeling like they’re wearing a mouth full of metal. Plus, Invisalign works just as well as other orthodontic options. Be sure to speak with your orthodontist because it might not be the right option for all situations.
Can I Still Fix My Teeth with Braces If I Am an Adult?
- If you’re an adult then you may even be wondering, “Can I still fix my teeth with braces if I am an adult?” You might assume that your teeth are too far gone or are too overcrowded and won’t benefit from orthodontic work. However, orthodontics can benefit anyone of any age and of any crowding severity.
- If your teeth are extremely misaligned and crowded, other appliances may need to be used to correct the problem, but you can and will still benefit from having the work done. Only a licensed orthodontist will be able to tell you if you’re a viable candidate for orthodontic work, so be sure to schedule a consultation appointment with them to begin the process.
Are Braces for Adults Still a Good Option?
- If you’re wondering if braces for adults are still a good option, you’ll feel good knowing that it is a great option for adults of all ages. Even patients in their middle ages and senior citizens are benefiting from having braces put on because of the sheer benefits that come from having this type of work done.
- The most important thing with any type of orthodontic work is to continually make trips to the local orthodontic office to have the braces tightened. Not only does this decrease the amount of time you’ll be going back and forth to the office, but it improves the quality of the work being done.
Length of Treatment
- It can take anywhere from six months to roughly two or three years to complete orthodontic work. The length of time it takes for you to get in and out of braces totally depends on how severe your teeth are crowded. For most adults, they’ll only be in braces for anywhere from six months to a year.
- You are going to want to discuss your options with a local orthodontist to ensure that they will be able to get you in as a patient and discuss the treatment plan with you. During your consultation appointment, you’ll have x-rays taken that will let the orthodontist know what needs to be done and what other appliance options you need to have done.
Maintaining Results for a Lifetime
- In order for your teeth to remain straight and beautiful, you’re going to need to maintain the results you have achieved through orthodontics. This is done by wearing a retainer a few nights a week.
- If you fail to use the retainer, your teeth will eventually shift and be back to the way before you had the braces put on. It is also important that you have a new retainer made every few years so that it will fit your mouth well and will not stretch out or wear out so that you’re unable to use it any longer.
Scheduling a Braces for Adults Appointment
- Now that you know the importance of orthodontic work and how it can benefit even full-grown adults, you will want to schedule an appointment with a local orthodontist who can help to begin the treatment that is needed so that you can finally feel good about the way that your teeth look.
- There are a lot of professionals who can fit you with braces and get you fitted for the option that best fits your needs and budget. Keep in mind that it’s a good idea to contact the orthodontic office and ask if they take adults as patients, simply because some offices specialize in working with children.
- Once you do this, you’ll be able to set up an appointment for a consultation and begin the work that is needed to straighten your smile. You are never too old to have orthodontic work done, and you should never let your age get in the way of improving the way that you look and feel about yourself. There is an orthodontist local to you who will be more than happy to help you out when it comes to realizing the potential of your smile.
A FREE Consultation Awaits
In Illinois, you visit Childers Orthodontics to have an examination to determine if you need to straighten your teeth. Dr. Kyle R. Childers offers his services to adults, teenagers, and children in three locations that include:
After an evaluation of your mouth, our orthodontist can determine if you need to wear one of these types of devices:
Patients at Childers Orthodontics can also request the AcceleDent Aura system to reduce the amount of time required for their orthodontic treatment. Schedule an appointment online or by calling (618) 438-2815.
- Which tip will you try first???
- Either way, let us know by leaving a comment below right now and continue the conversation. @ChildersBraces for Twitter.
201 West Washington
Benton, IL 62812
Phone: (618) 438-2815
(7 REASONS) Braces for Adults are Worth the Trouble?
I obtained a Bachelor of Science degree at Southern Illinois University and then received my Doctorate of Medical Dentistry at the University of Kentucky. After, I attended the University of Tennessee to complete my Master of Science in Orthodontics degree.
I consider every minute of continuing education to be vital for my patients and myself. Staying current with the latest trends, techniques, and technologies within my field allows me to improve treatment efficiency and provide higher quality results for each person I treat.