More About Michelle
Michelle goes by the title of Treatment Coordinator and Public Relations Coordinator at Childers Orthodontics. She adds vibrancy in our office with her fun and loving personality. Find out why we love Michelle so much!
- I was born in West Frankfort and lived there until I moved to Herrin in 1991.
- I had so much dark and curly hair when I was born that I looked like a monkey. (Seriously- it was long!)
- I grew up next door to my grandparents and loved it! I love cooking my grandma’s recipes because it reminds me of our time in her kitchen.
- I had a pony tail that I could sit on until 4th grade. Last year, I found that ponytail of hair preserved at my dad’s house and donated it to “Locks of Love” through my son’s 4th-grade class event.
- In high school, I had brown, curly and HUGE 80’s hair and a round face.
- I have received the “most changed” award at every one of our class reunions.
- I have been in a local sorority, Beta Omicron- Beta Sigma Phi, since 1994.
- I graduated from SIUC in 1994.
- I married my husband in 2002.
- I have two children. My daughter is eight years older than my son.
- My daughter is starting college this year. I am going to miss our walks and watching TV together!
- I love criminal investigation shows, love stories, comedies (but not slap-stick) and vampires.
- I have one sibling, a brother. He is nine years younger than me and lives in Alabama.
- My dad’s side of the family also lives in Alabama.
- My favorite type of food is Mexican.
- Lime green and orange are my favorite colors.
- I prefer drinks made with “Sweet-n-Low” or saccharin, probably because I grew up drinking saccharin tea.
- I love to read and it would be impossible for me to pick my favorite book.
- I love to watch movies.
- My favorite movie and word is Serendipity.
- I do not love sports, but I do enjoy watching my son play sports.
- My newest favorite quote is, “Many people wait their entire life to meet their favorite athlete, I raised mine!”
- I love all types of music, but rock music from the 80s is probably some of my favorite!
- Some of my favorite concerts have been Kiss, Matchbox 20, and Keith Urban.
- I have a Yorkie-Poo named, Brownie, and he is my very first pet!
The Childers Team: More About Michelle!