https://childersbraces.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/childers-orthodontics-sherry.jpg 450 675 DrCAdmin https://childersbraces.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/logo-childers-orthodontics.png DrCAdmin2014-10-02 15:09:252019-03-04 08:38:31The Childers Team: Staff Spotlight on... Sherry!
Last Updated on
Fun Facts about Sherry
- I was named after a horse….Sharon’s Highland Rose, the pride of Sharon’s Farms, which shows quarter horses. That’s what happens when you are the first granddaughter born.
- My favorite color is Olive Green
- LOVE Oriental food….any kind …except not too fond of Sushi
- Favorite nostalgic food…my Mom’s Chicken and Dumplings. I am a pretty darn good cook but I can NOT make Chicken and Dumplings very well
- I love to read, mysteries are my favorite
- Elton John is my favorite lifetime singer, wish I could sing like Whitney
- Favorite actor has to be Patrick Swayze…how can you not love Dirty Dancing?
- I keep busy singing and playing handbells in our church choir
- Our summers used to be full of swim. Both of our boys were big swimmers and swimming took up almost our entire summers. Now we keep track of our boys as they grow into remarkable young men. Our oldest is in grad school at U of I in the Geology Dept. and our youngest is in the nursing program at SIU-E
- We have a 12 year old Bichon Frise (kind of looks like a Poodle). She is almost completely blind and is spoiled ROTTEN (especially by the males in the family)
- My husband and I have been married 28 years. We met in our aerobics class long, long ago
- Gotta’ love those Cardinals
- I was born and raised in St. Louis, except for 1 1/2 years in Miami, Florida. It was the last of my Jr. year and Sr. year in High School. I was NOT a happy camper moving at that time but it was the best thing that ever happened to me. I even got to be in the Orange Bowl Parade and the halftime show…great experiences and memories
- When I finally retire from the dental field I would love to be a “baby holder and cuddler” at the hospital
- My ancestors were from Ireland and changed the name from O’Slattery to just Slattery when they came to the US
- The first concert I went to was Cat Stevens. I also saw one of Elvis’ very last concerts
- I always said I didn’t really care when a baby was born…wanted them healthy. BUT, I preferred no December babies. Guess when our boys were both born? Yep, December
- My husband and I saw the movie Amadeus for our first date.
- My most memorable childhood event…our one and only family vacation in Colorado, driving all the way back to St Louis with a huge boulder in the floorboard of the back seat that my mother HAD to have for landscaping. I had my feet on top of that stupid rock the entire time!
- Growing up (and still to this day) playing games…board games, card games, yard games
- I wanted to be a Special Ed teacher but there were not any teaching jobs. Dental Hygiene was my second option.
- If I listen too closely to the words of many songs while singing them I will always cry. They make fun of me in choir………….anything patriotic does the same thing.
- I have the longest arms EVER (just like my Daddy!)
- Not too much of a sweets eater but LOVE crunchy and salty!
The Childers Team: Staff Spotlight on… Sherry!