Have you ever asked us, “How long until my braces come off?!” Well, we hope you know that we don’t mind that question one bit, and we’re not surprised when you occasionally ask it. We hear that question often! We know that you’re eager to see your new smile. We are too!
We Have A Plan, But There Are Variables…
We map out a very specific treatment plan for each of you, complete with its own timeline. Because every one of our valued patients is different, we’ve learned to be flexible.
People have different biological responses and some people’s teeth may move faster or slower than others’. Some patients are more sensitive to changes in their mouth too. Whatever the condition, we want all of you to be completely comfortable during your treatment. The pacing of your treatment may be influenced by your comfort level.
There are Things You Can Do
Luckily, a lot of the power is in YOUR hands. By following these guidelines, you can avoid unnecessary setbacks and help ensure that your orthodontic treatment goes smoothly.
- Be consistent in keeping your appointments. Try not to postpone or cancel!
- Be on time to appointments. This gives us time to do everything we planned.
- Be diligent about wearing rubber bands, attachable appliances, etc.
- Avoid damage to your braces by following our food guidelines and wearing mouth protection during sports.
- Take good care of your teeth! Gum disease or restorative dental work can slow down orthodontic treatment.
Taking Care Of Your Braces Is Important
Here are a few awesome tips!
Stay On Target
Remember that you’re on your way to a straight, beautiful, and healthy smile. Stay on track with your good habits, and you’ll be there in no time. We promise to do our part to move your orthodontic treatment along efficiently. If you have any questions about your treatment time, just let us know or visit our office at Benton, Harrisburg or Herrin, IL for more information.
Together, We Keep Your Orthodontic Treatment Moving Smoothly.