During treatment and especially a global pandemic like COVID-19, keeping up with your progress is important. And ensuring your treatment stays the course is essential. Those using Invisalign aligners have an advantage over those with fixed bracket braces. Dental Monitoring is an excellent way to ensure your braces are doing what they should be doing. And you can move to your next aligner. A simple plastic device called the DM Cheek Retractor and a smartphone is all you need. Use them to send digital images to your orthodontist. In this post, we’ll explain what Dental Monitoring is and why you need it more than ever. Let’s get cracking.
Plus Points for Dental Monitoring
- Fewer office visits with more monitoring
- Faster treatment times
- Scan anytime, anywhere
- Text messaging with the doctor and the team
- No additional cost
What is Dental Monitoring?
How Does it Work?
Scans are then automatically uploaded into DM’s AI engine where they are analyzed.
Based on the result of the scan, we can let you know if you should move on to your next set of aligners. Or continue with your current set. You can also send us a scan if you have a question or an issue with your treatment during COVID-19. Or any other health issue.
Why Use Dental Monitoring?
The best part about the Dental Monitoring app is that you can use it literally anytime, anywhere! Virtual Orthodontic appointments are great for all patients who find it difficult to get into the office, including:
- College Students
- Adults that travel for work
- Kids that participate in extracurriculars after school (and their parents)
- Individuals with limited transportation
- Parents with multiple kids
- Anyone who wants to make their treatment process easier!
- Under shelter-in-place orders (COVID-19)
If you feel you or your child need orthodontic treatment there are plenty of treatments available. One treatment we offer is Invisalign. This type of treatment is beneficial in times of social lockdown. So call Dr. Childers and he and his team will set about correcting your smile in a social distance friendly way.
When you’re a patient of Childers Orthodontics, in three easy steps you’ll be on your way to a straighter, healthier smile. All just using your smartphone!
- Download the Dental Monitoring app (Apple or Android)
- Take weekly selfies of your smile and upload them to the app
- Look out for a text from us each week for the next steps
We’ll ensure you’re tracking with the treatment plan that Dr. Childers outlined just for you. We’ll text you if any changes are needed!
- Which tip will you try first???
- Either way, let us know by leaving a comment below right now and continue the conversation.
Phone: (618) 438-2815
I obtained a Bachelor of Science degree at Southern Illinois University and then received my Doctorate of Medical Dentistry at the University of Kentucky. After, I attended the University of Tennessee to complete my Master of Science in Orthodontics degree.
I consider every minute of continuing education to be vital for my patients and myself. Staying current with the latest trends, techniques, and technologies within my field allows me to improve treatment efficiency and provide higher quality results for each person I treat.